View Single Post
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by explit View Post
Thank you guys for the income. My aim is to understand how alien dalvik work, how it depends on special hw-adaptation or kernel-version. Of course the best-case-solution would reverse-engeneer alien-dalvik and get it to work on not (yet) officially supported devices, like my Fairphone 2.

Fairphone 2 has a bit better hardware than Jolla C / Intex, and a different Kernel.
3.0.4 on FP2 and 3.10 on Jolla C / Intex.

I could install aliendalvik from the jolla c repo, the installation went fine, but it doesn't work.

I want to understand, how the aliendalvik package is bundeled on a special Device.
What need to be done to bundle it on another device?
How i can i understand, what is wrong, what is missing, when the aliendalvik is started.

Of course, OpenSource SFDROID would be a mch better free alternative, but as i understand, it need to be compiled on FP2, or am i wrong?
How can it be done?

Questions and questions and again more questions.... :-(
Of course i hope, than one day Fairphone will release an official SailfishOS Version together with Aliendalvik, but when it will be happen stays in the stars....

So if you have some knowledge, how to debug and understood aliendalvik - i will be happy for every income.

Thanks
It won't work of course, the difficult part is HW adaptation. You can't install AD as a universal SFOS app (I wish they are.) It's specific for each model, not VM on top of OS.

Take FF2 as example, if you want AD on it you need to do the HW compile for Android part, not copy other device's AD. It will be wasting you time...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: