View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Talking about Jolla and open social networks (this is not quite what you guys mean, but it fits the thread title as well): I wonder if other platforms can be as tightly integrated into Sailfish as Twitter and Facebook already are. This "social networks are deeply integrated in our cool new platform" typically means there is support for this two and that's it. Nokia Belle has this "1-click-social-network-sharing-feature" (not this exact name, but similar) directly from the camera app, which to this day is Facbook only, and god forbid 3rd parties could extend feature to other platforms. No plugin-architecture like Maemo has (but unfortunately has been slowly decaying).
Now in Sailfish, Facebook is really tightly woven in there (by the looks of it on all those videos), and I'd really love for the same functionalities to work with all the open networks out there
I asked that questioon some weeks ago at @jollahq theyr answer is yes it is possible. I also checked here for some more hints about the actual API:

https://github.com/nemomobile

intresting parts:

nemo-plugin-* is probadly used in sailfish to...

The reason they say facebook/twitter integrated in west media is probadly because thats what we use here. Theyr probadly talk about Chinas social media in china.

Normal people doesnt care about if jolla has support for some open social media. Mainly because normal people dos not care about that (even if they should because of privacy concerns etc...)

Summary is yes it is possible with third party social media plugins

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: