View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
To be honest, I really love android (many apps and games, mods and updates), but I felt discouraged with NitDroid on N900. If my N900 dies one day (I don't hope this but...) For sure i will take one Android phone or one tablet!!!
No rush--if you have something that works now, don't rush... the longer you wait, the better cooked Android will be anyway. Although, to be honest, NITdroid isn't really true Android--it's kind of a hacked up attempt to get an Android based OS on the N900, but from what I've seen and read, it's got lots of problems and the system itself it laid out somewhat differently, too. I certainly wouldn't judge Android on that sort of abomination. It's a nice hack but it's like trying to judge Windows on your experience with WINE or ReactOS. They're not at all the same even if they can all run Windows applications.

Also... WOW! I've been playing with my newly upgraded Droid (the CyanogenMod release I mentioned above, running Android 2.3.7) and HOLY CRAP... I didn't think it was possible, but my little 2-year old Droid is running INCREDIBLY slick and smooth.. faster than ever! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL upgrade! If anyone's wondering whether this is worthwhile--OH MY GOD YES! DO IT! DO IT NOW, DON'T WAIT TO FINISH READING THIS!!! I'm happy to see every wrinkle worked out (no more need for supercharger!! ...memory management is GREAT!) Things launch faster than before.. it's just SILKY SMOOTH!

...and now they're talking about how CyanogenMod 9 will be based on Ice Cream Sandwich. ...does that mean I'll be able to run Android 4.0 on my Droid? (All indications so far SEEM point toward being able to... we'll have to see, I guess.)
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post: