View Single Post
Originally Posted by Wolda View Post
Also, @jenix might correct me since I left Switzerland 2 years ago - if I wanna buy a train ticket with SBB last-minute just before hopping on the train and as a non-Swiss, I am really running late and don't have time to use the machine, isn't an app my only choice? I know that for some routes I was able to get a PDF and then they just scan the code, but not for all (at least in 2016).
As far as I know, they changed that again due to heavy criticism. You can now contact the conductor as soon as possible (best before the train leaves the station) who then sells you a ticket (being Switzerland with a nice additional fee, of course). I can't say anything about the SBB (the swiss railway company) App as the SBB seems shady as f*ck to me regarding privacy, so I keep as far away from their Apps as possible.

This brings me back to the on-topic discussion here: these are exactly examples where I would swim against the stream here and say loudly "god thanks jolla for AD / the android layer" . It is naive to expect any improvement with the situation on the IT market today(++).
That's exactly my point. Being able to use Android Apps (which more and more gets exclusive features) without having to sacrifice your privacy to Google (or invest a lot of time into Custom ROMS and still having a bad feeling) is a very strong feature of SFOS.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post: