View Single Post
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Argentina
Hi there. Prior anything I wanted to thank you for your work and devotion for this device

Sure I'll be redundant, but I wanted to sort out this process clearly, because it's like... the 7th time I try to calibrate my battery and I'm constantly failing (= frustration)

1th) Going to 100%

I don't get why I need to use the charge*.sh script. I won't be bottered by bme until I wan't to reach EDV 1, won't I? And if it was for the lesser current, I could use another compatible charger, like a 750 mAh overnight, no?

2nd) Unplugging and discharging

This is the most time consuming part of the process. I should use some video with full brightness to make it quick, but I'm afraid that bme might shut down the phone before I reach a close level to 3248 mV. I've tried to stop bme using the command as root, but it always says:
Code:
stop: Job not changed: bme
I didn't find any man page for "stop" or "jobs". Is a "job" a process? I couldn't I find it with htop, only "hald-addon-bme", wich I think it's because it isn't running at all. I've installed the bme replacement that Pali made too.

The thing is...

3rd) Reaching EDV 1

Whenever I try to reach 3248mV with VDQ 1 and a really slow discharge rate (usually monitoring through ssh with bq27200 from around 3500mV and going down on an average current of 40mA) the phone shutdown somewhere beetwen 3350 and 3250. Oh, WHY? This is the most frustrating thing. And on top of it all I know I'm wearing out the battery with all this attempts

So, maybe I've not been able to correctly shut down bme, or is something else going on?