View Single Post
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ India
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yup, unreasonable to expect them to be the sole arbiter & driver of large projects that benefit far more than just Sailfish, completely unreasonable.
As said, they've already made some significant strides towards a solution for the entire community (not just Sailfish) when it comes to Python/Qt bindings.
Hopefully others will jump on-board & help with that, I've no doubt they will, it always happens....
It'd be great to see them make a similar start with XWayland, unreasonable to expect them to do it completely & utterly on their own though...

Then i cant help but say "each to their own", still you have a point there. I do wish luck to jolla though, and i am curious to what lies ahead especially about wayland and qt5, in future i may even get a jolla device if it turns out right. But incase i wasnt clear this is the point i was trying to make....

Originally Posted by Sohil876 View Post
Im not saying we should not support them, i just dont see a reason why if theyre unwilling to make needed efforts. Cmon see samsung and tizen, im not asking jolla to throw cash though, just saying how much theyre lacking to make developers intrested in their ecosystem in a much crowded fierce competition.

Last edited by Sohil876; 2013-07-20 at 12:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sohil876 For This Useful Post: