View Single Post
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Just a few notes:

Yes, there are plenty of used ones. Just check Finnish resell websites (like huuto.net) - last time I checked (few months ago), you could get one for less than 100EUR. I don't live anywhere near Finland, but sending it to other countries was no problem.
I'm not Finnish and I do not speak Finnish, so this option doesn;t really help. I checked here and on ebay. Nothing there.

Just a few notes:

Yes, there is. I am now happily using two batteries in my Jolla and I'm thinking of getting a 3rd one. The new one was for under 10EUR and it works better than the current official one (as it is brand new, unlike the other one).
It is not official, so I do not care. There's no warranty with that one. Would you replace my broken phone due to battery problems? Jolla will definitely not.

Just a few notes:

Good luck with that choice. It wouldn't be me first - or even a second or third - choice because of Ubuntu Touch (many, many reasons why not) and the lack of 4G. If not for another Jolla, I would go for the Nexus 4/5 and run either SailfishOS, LuneOS, or Plasma Phone on it.
I do not care about 4g and all of your named options are nothing more than alpha, some ony exist only as mockups (Plasma) anf ar far from being used..