View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
I disagree with you, I always use Power Search.
I joined this forum in mid 2012 and non-working Power Search was among the first things I noticed. I never paid too much attention to it since I had the two other options that worked. I simply considered non-working Power Search a fact of life and never used it.

This thread renewed my interest and just confirmed what I had known for the past three years. Power Search Does Not Work™.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Some browsers somehow doesn't like the "Enter" button, if you click on search instead of pressing Enter, it should give you results
All my experiments in post #3 were conducted by pressing the Search button. None of them by pressing Enter.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Like the sfos browser on my Jolla
I conducted all my experiments in post #3 using Firefox on Windows. The above comment by HtheB about different browser has made me thinking and repeated the same experiments using also IE, Saifish Browser and MicroB.

Ironically, the SFOS browser was the only one that has produced any results at all.

Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
This! Also, are you using any adblockers by any chance?
No.

Could Power Search be yet another one of those things that only work for some privileged users? I've had a few discussions with members who also happened to be moderators who could not undersdtand how could I be so blind (or stupid ) and not see the obvious, until I showed them that the thing I see when I log in are not the same as the thing they see when they log in.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: