View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I have an Asus/Google Nexus 7 2013(flo) which works pretty well with LineageOS. The one with a LTE modem(deb?) probably works too but you have to look that up.
I strongly suggest a glass adhesive screen protector and a big thick bumper case, I use a Trident brand one which works pretty good. I also protect that rubber cased tablet inside a USB keyboard folder case except if I am at home reading a book.
The things are kind of fragile when you get to 24cm of leverage corner to corner against the glass digitizer or dropping on one of those corners and the thin bezer is not enough to stop the force. I went through tries just replacing the digitizer, digitizer and LCD, or both and the Al frame before I did it right and seated the digitizer right inside a straight bezel frame.
And with a quick duckduck(because eff-google)
https://download.lineageos.org/deb

may I recommend you use the f-droid repos and not install google services. I use the somewhat creepy apkmirror app to get the few closed APKs as I will not do G-Play. F-droid has an app to load and update community compiled chromium so you do not have to use Goog's binary Chrome browser. Right now the non-Play nav plugins are not at 100% but that is only important if you are using other apps form the gplay store.

FWIW I just bluetooth tether my Nexus7 flo to my N900 for network access or grab local wifi. The tablet fills the gaps like browsing, big screen and NFC for stuff like topping off my transit card.

Last edited by biketool; 2017-07-06 at 09:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: