View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@Mentalist
Re parcours/parkour:
I did not know that! (so can be seen like 'freeriding' of mountainbiking?)
Probably, I've not paid any attention to biking-related culture, just looking at the name, the answer is "probably".

But there is also a difference between "parkour" and "freerunning" (many practitioners would disagree, but I think there are two similar but distinct arts, one with a focus about efficiency and the other about expressive freedom, and there is overlap for many people but I think it matters that we have semantic difference to express the actual difference, in which case parkour is the former and freerunning is the latter). Off the top of my head, "freeriding" is probably more like freerunning than like parkour, since the purist definition of parkour is that it's all about efficiency of movement.

Re vkb:
here is your badly desired solution.
Get it from there. Or grab my attachment (incl. my vkbs), extract to /home/user/.config/meego-keyboard/layouts/, reboot and select in settings the new layout(s). Of course you may tinker with them and update in that thread...
Thanks for the pointer. The funny thing is, I've been so removed from this culture we have here the last year or two that I've been almost unable to focus any time on actually researching what you can do on the N9 as opposed to the N900. I intend to fix that, but it'll probably only be once I have finished university classes that I am able to have the spare time.

I really hope you get your hands on a used/new N(eo)900 soon [as even above does not satisfy hw keyboarder]. But until then enjoy the N9, it is worth it.
--edit
it is worth it, but ...
... imagine why I needed to add that .txt (uploading from N9 )
Yeah, I'm just holding off on getting another N900 - decided I'll ride life out for a little while without one as a phone. Though depending on the Neo900 time-table I may very well just cave again. I've been able to manage so far, but I am already starting to feel the pain of not being able to check my emails using alpine or jump on IRC using irssi over mobile internet. (I suspect there's probably ports of both to the N9, but I also suspect it also just wouldn't be an equivalent/better experience.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: