View Single Post
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Hi there. I didn't mean to give you riddle that would eventually waste your time. I only gave you the direction as that method requires you to spend considerable amount of time to research, especially on the rooting and kernel part. If you're not going for this direction, probably you don't need it. That was what I thought when giving you instructions so brief.
Thanks, and you were right, I don't need this enough to take the time and trouble... The tablet is not mine anyway, and if I ever buy one for myself, now I know what to watch out for (no Samsung :-).

Besides, there is in fact a pretty good paid-app PDANet that could make your Android a decent tethering hub without rooting it. You'd like to get a trial version to test. Hope this helps.
I had seen this app in the Market during my initial research when I still thought it was going to be simple, fast and easy :-)
My understanding after a quick look is that it allows tethering *to* an Android device through its Internet connection, which is the opposite of what I wanted to do. Or does it actually work both ways ?...