View Single Post
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
[SIZE="4"]The Bluetooth Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) allows to exchange Phone Book objects between carkits and mobile devices.

By default N900 does NOT support PBAP and thus in-car use cases like (voice-)dialing from carkit/head unit or display of caller names are not possible.
So this seems to be quite a cool addition, but I'm a bit confused about exactly what it accomplishes.

The built in BlueTooth hands-free unit in my car (2010 Mazda 3 Sport) works perfectly with the N900 already.. it can understand the contact information I transfer to it (it will distinguish between numbers stored in the N900 as 'home', 'work', 'mobile', or 'other'), and provides both numerical voice dialing for random numbers, as well as stored voice id's for any transferred contacts.

Would this allow the car to read information off the phone more dynamically?

At the moment when someone calls, there's a display on my dashboard that shows the incoming number and a voice prompt tells me someone's calling... would PBAP show me the person's name instead, having matched it up with the data in my phonebook?

A bit more information about what features this profile actually enables would be great

The Following User Says Thank You to Bingley Joe For This Useful Post: