View Single Post
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sHaggY_caT View Post
Could you send link to manual of install SDK with avaible methods, please?
Hmm. If I'm reading it right, the Maemo virtual image your link pointed to was for the GTK version of the Maemo SDK, before Nokia made the switch to using Qt. Unfortunately, I doubt you'll be able to find that particular product any more, as that website is very, very old. I've personally never done any GTK development, but there are a wiki pages that describe how to set up and use the scratchbox environment, if you're willing to create the environment manually.

I prefer to use the Qt SDK; unfortunately, with Nokia's move to the Windows Phone OS (and the various unfortunate events associated with that move), Qt had to drop support for all the Nokia products in its current releases. But, you can still use an older version of the Qt SDK, if you can find one, such as from the link above.

And, there's recently been a move to set up on-device development, if you're interested.

But I guess the first question is, what exactly is your goal? Getting a working development environment up and running today is going to take some effort, so you should probably take a little time beforehand to consider what kind of environment you want...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post: