View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Hi,

this might sound a bit weird, but is there some way to individually disable the thanks button, i.e. that there is no "thanks" button underneath my posts? I didn't find something in my profile settings, but I might just have missed it since I'm not that experienced with vbulletin.

The reason is, that I'm generally not a fan of rating systems that produce some kind of hierarchy in a community - be it post counters, reputation or thanks buttons.
I understand that the thanks system is an important element in this forum and I have no problem with that additional click if someone helped me. But I don't really care for that counter. What I care for and what I don't like is that there seems to be some "return the favour" habit to increase each others counter. It has happened that I clicked the thanks button for some useful answer to my question and got a thanks back without having offered any actual help in return.

Therefore I'd like to disable my thanks button. If my posts are of any help for someone, including those 6 letters in the answer would be enough.

The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: