View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
modRana 0.56.14 has been released !

So finally, a new modRana release! There is not that much user visible (yet ;-) ) other than, well, working now with Sailfish OS 3.0.2 Oulanka, where Python 3 version upgrade (3.4.3 -> 3.7.2) kinda prevented modRana from starting correctly.

Other than that, modRana now has a shiny native launcher, that made it possible to drop many Sailfish OS specific packaging hacks, mainly imposed by sailfish-qml being very, very stupid. This also has user visible impact though.

You can now easily start modRana from CLI on Sailfish OS by typing:

Code:
harbour-modrana
That's the new native launcher binary, that launcher modRana the correct way (and no longer have to hack around sailfish-qml limitations). There is also some potential for modRana starting slightly faster.

This change also has an interesting side effect - modRana is no longer noarch - the launcher is compiled Qt5/C++ source code, so the modrana package needs to be architecture specific, even thought the rest of the application is all Python & QML.

I can't really think about any issues possibly stemming from this (other than me having to upload two packages to Jolla Store and OpenRepos. Also, you can of course still just clone the modRana source code from git, install qmlscene and then start the sailfish script from the run subfolder.

Also, one more update - translations! Thanks a lot to everyone taking part, IIRC there should be some more complete languages as well as general translation updates.

Where can I get modRana 0.56.14 ?

link to Open Repos:
https://openrepos.net/content/martink/modrana-0

link to Jolla Store:
is not there as Jolla Store still has no web version! :P

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: