View Single Post
Okay so I'm having an issue a lot of people have reported here, but before I go on, just want to mention that I'm posting this here and not in the thread linked above because thats mainly for the N900 port, while I need help with my N800 ..

Okay, with that out of the way, here's my problem: I did everything mentioned here (excellent guide btw!), and now when I boot my N800, I get stuck indefinitely on the NITDroid logo screen (waited as much as 20 minutes) ..

Here's a few pointers: I just got this N800 today for some lab testing and I don't know much about the hardware .. Whats confusing me is that it has two SD Card slots .. !? .. Anyways, the N800 I got has an 8GB card in the compartment next to the battery, and a 2GB card in the other pocket (which is meant for hot swapping) .. I followed all instructions in the guide linked above, and have no idea why I'm stuck at this NITDroid logo screen .. The installation went through without any problems .. Only problem was that Ubuntu was automatically mounting the flash in the very last step .. I dealt with that using the command ..

Code:
sudo modprobe -r cdc_phonet
and the flash went fine:

Code:
USB device found found at bus 001, device address 005
Found device RX-34, hardware revision 1301
NOLO version 1.1.16
Version of 'sw-release': <no version>
Sending kernel image (1717 kB)...
100% (1717 of 1717 kB, avg. 6176 kB/s)
Flashing kernel... done.
The device is now in R&D mode
I just tried taking the 2GB card out and see if I can get past the NITDroid logo screen, but no luck ..

My guess is maybe the size options I choose during partitioning may be not right ? I did the exact same partitioning as mentioned in the guide ..

Could someone please help me out here ? .. I really need to have NITDroid running ..

Last edited by ahmadka; 2010-11-11 at 05:07.