View Single Post
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
As stated in the CSSU-T thread just now, pairing seemed to be a little erratic for me so it may have something to do with that. I'll have another stab at it tomorrow as I haven't tried it since pairing in mate-bluetooth.
Pairing is purely bluez thing. It shouldn't be related to the obexd.
And you're using stock bluez if I remeber it right.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Decided to take another look, wish I hadn't
I've just removed all the bluetooth userland from the laptop and gone back to blueman. Mate was giving a service record not found error on trying to send. Going back to blueman, send results in remote device refused connection. Now even map-client is giving errors.
Strange. Can you please enable bluez and obexd debug in same time and send me the syslog output from the FTP and also map-client?
Also output from "sdptool browse <BTID of phone>" should be useful (e.g. sdptool browse FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF - your phone has different BTID for sure)
Can you give me also your /etc/bluetooth/ settings from phone and computer?

However the linux client side of obexftp is simply terrible. I had to patch some packages on RHEL and Fedora to get it working (I have no idea right now where I have it). Right now I'm able to just browse the phone over bluetooth in gnome nautilus. I have to manually mount it

Code:
gvfs-mount obex://[BTID]
where BTID is the bluetooth ID (you can see it in /var/lib/bluetooth/<local BTID>/names)

BTW the best full bluetooth reset is to stop obexd and bluetoothd. Remove /var/lib/bluetooth/<local BTID>. Restart computer/phone (or just bluetoothd and obexd).
Beware you'll loose all pairing as it's saved there.

Please also describe how you're trying to browse the device.

Last edited by luf; 2013-09-05 at 15:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post: