View Single Post
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
After looking at the videos (thanks to people who have the Jolla already and took time to share them !), I have some remarks/questions about building other halves:

* Other halves looks like they need to be flexible in order to clip them to the phone. If it is really need, it will be harder to make a keyboard with the needed flexibility ?

* Pins are a bit spreaded and there is no proper connector, only the pin laying here. Does anyone know what thing we need to put on our circuit board in the other half to secure a good contact with this ? Some kind of low profile spring loaded "pogo" pin as found in circuit board test benches ? (see http://www.adafruit.com/products/394 for a big one)

* About the power connector. As I understand it, 3.3V comes after the phone regulator, and 5V is a power input that will go to the USB, phone regulator, and battery charger (then output to the battery connector). So if we have a battery in the other half, it could power the phone by the 5V connector, but couldn't be charged from the phone USB connector (it would need its own connector, which could charge both OH and phone battery), nor could the OH battery charge level been retrieved to display it with the battery icon (like the internal battery), Right ?

Looking forward for the OH documentation (some kind of schematics of the power line between 5V, 3.3V, phone battery and USB connector would be requiered) and receiving my Jolla !

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post: