View Single Post
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ New Hampshire, USA
How can I get my N810 to mount my iAudio7? I have a micro usb cable with a standard female usb on the other end, and it mounts my usb drives just fine. I also have a standard usb to mini usb cable that I use to plug my iAudio 7 into any computer, which also works fine. So in my mind I should be able to plug those cables into each other and use the resulting cable to connect my N810 to my iAudio 7. Trouble is: this only works in my mind. I don't know if this is a software or hardware issue. I've searched the forums and the wiki, with no luck at all. I can't imagine that I'm the first person to do this, so maybe it's just not a problem for anyone else??? If the cables are the problem I may already have a fix for it, but I'll have to wait to see. If not I do not know where to begin.

When I bought the micro to female usb, I wrote to the manufacturer and asked if they made a micro usb to mini usb cable. He said they did not, but asked if I needed it to have OTG. I do not know what OTG is, and I told him so, but I explained that the cable was to be used to connect my N810 to my iAudio 7 mp3 player for transferring files. A short while later, he responded to my email saying that they are manufacturing a batch of the cables, and that he would be sending one to me free of charge. He said that the cables would go on sale on ebay shortly. I'll let you guys know how that one works as soon as I get it.

I'm hoping that somebody has some idea what my problem is (other than the obvious ) and can point me in the right direction.