Thread: Gtk1.2
View Single Post
Hi,

I'm looking at getting the linux version of Dungeon Master and Chaos Strikes Back to run on 770.

It wants these libraries: libsdl-dev libglib1.2-dev libgtk1.2-dev libdb3-dev and hermes1-dev

I built hermes1-dev from the source, seemed to build ok. Can't say if it works.

I can override this and with a little bit of munging in "configure" I can get an exe built, against hermes1-dev and the versions of the libraries that are in Maemo - libgtk2.0 and libdb4 particularly are significantly different.

I installed the resulting thing on my 770 and I can get the error screen up, all windowy, if I start it with incorrect parameters, but if I start with correct parameters the thing bombs noting an SDL parachute thing.

I downloaded the gtk1.2 source, 50MB about, but it wouldn't build for me straight off because it expects a higher version of kernel that is in maemo - but that could be because I downloaded x11 from "unstable".

Does anybody know if I should be able to build gtk1.2 for the 770? Is that a sensible thing to even consider? - before I go ahead and spend hours messing around, ultimately to fail.

Thanks very much

Martin