View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Pfff... too bad. I'll have to compile the driver myself.
Or pester Jolla asking if it would be possible for them to add it.

Jolla official have added a FAQ on their pages :
- it is until 11.10.2018.

That license is regarding the commercial applications (alien-dalvik, exchange, etc.) which will be tied to your accound and downloaded from the jolla app shop.

For your F8xxx :
The F5121 image will very likely NOT work.
You could still in theory follow the community guidelines and try to build your own community port.

Then I have no idea whether or not the shop will allow you to download the licensed bits.

According to the FAQs by Jolla officials :
image is absolutely the same for everyone and is basically free (it's more or less the same as you would have downloaded for a community edition).

The licensed bit are tied to your Jolla account (not your image) and are installed from the shop (They are not inside the image).

Jokes aside, given the above (confirmed by official FAQs), I think we should be able to exchange images without much problems.

Well currently, on the Jolla1, alien-dalvik *is* end-of-life.
You get whatever was available last, but you don't get the latest upgrades like JollaC and Tablets (Jolla/Aigo/Youyota).

Of course in this precise case, there are also technical reasons (outdated drivers/kernel by Qualcomm) meaning that we're stuck with Jelly Bean for now on Jolla1, no way to upgrade to Kitkat.

Probably the same will happen next year : if the Sailfish X port runs out of money, they wont relicense it for aditional support.

I second that : they are really good pieces of software.
No jokes aside. What images. Jolla official download files? How come exchange isn’t included in the OS. That’s pretty lame. Especially when this is a one year deal.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-10-12 at 15:48.