View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Then comes the question if you want a crap app or no app at all.
I'd sometimes choose no app at all. Especially when the community kowtows to the developer that resists any assistance because his logic, therefore UI/UX is also "perfect". It happens and I hate it when it does.

The maemo way of things was cool IMO.
Agree. But there were some **** apps that could have been made 100% better if only folks were willing to work alongside others. Less ego, more cooperation. Don't ask for specifics, I'll give none. I just know it happened/existed and it really bothered me.

You can have extras (ok I know the community QA never worked very well, but it would if maemo lived on - see debian) if you want the highest quality apps, and you could delve into devel if you absolutely need something and you could live with a bug or two, or bad interface.
Shoddy control and quality assurance, shoddy apps - why live with that imperfect system when honestly it's merely ego that's in the way of progress. Not saying that the other way (walled garden) is better - that's ego that's controlling the system. Meritocracy sans ego is the way.

Some apps will have limited UI, that's fine. But having no way for proper QA/QC to limit some of the utter crap; that's my problem as well.