View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Kalatti View Post
1. Can I make a complete copy of the first version of the system? Mi Jolla has a very old Sailfish and I do not want to lose it when I update the phone.
Of course.
Just like with anything in linux you have many ways to accomplish what you want to do; to get a bit-by-bit accurate backup of your partitions you can use dd, however tar or rsync should be enough to backup the system.

2. If I restore the factory settings of the phone, will I have the first version of the system even if I have updated the phone to the latest version?
Up to a point, yes.
If you send your device for repair, then they might set up the baseline of your device to some later OS version.

3. Are there unofficial versions of Sailfish for Jolla 1? I'm interested in ROMs, modifications, etc. I've been on Android for many years.
There are lots of patches, but I don't think there are "unofficial versions" of SFOS. Alternative OS'es, yes; you can install Nemomobile/Glacier to it I think.

4. What modifications can be made to the system? Root, bootloader, etc.
Everything can be modified.

5. What are the programs available to modify or update the mobile from the computer?
ssh client is sufficent

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: