View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Sailfish TOH sounds interesting, but I didn't catch the Jolla's bandwagon yet. Doesn't help that only one of Sailfish devices is TOH-compatible. Wish at least PuzzlePhone included TOH-compatibilty somehow, in its Spine maybe? Yotaphone's dual-screen is a fascinating design, too, but it would have been nicer to have eInk TOH for TOH-compatible phone, instead of being stuck with one fixed hardware design.
I liked the TOH concept a lot, too bad the Jolla sbj1 turned out to be the only HW that Jolla ever made. @Kimmoli made quite a few ingenious and useful concept-TOH's and I would have loved to see some more...

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Raspberry Pi is too troublesome to make a case for. That's a common problem with users: they don't want to craft a plastic (or wooden) case for a device.
I had an idea for that but due to lack of time have not gone anywhere with it yet...

I recently got into my hands a bagful of various models of Asus ee-PC mini-laptops. The devices by themselves are fairly limited by todays standards since the HW is about a decade old and was not near the top-of-the-range even then

So, I had in my mind to gut the insides out of some of the devices and replace with Raspberries. What I'd save is the display and keyboard and since the PI's are so small there would be plenty of space available to stuff full of Li-ion goodiness...

I already have made some tests on how long I can run a Raspberry from a mobile power bank and the results are promising. When I'll have time to do it (which looking at my schedule could be sometime in the 2030's...) I'll check what the keyboard and display interfaces in the ee-PC's are like and what's required to adapt those to the PI.

Heh, there actually should be space enough for stuffing at least 2 Raspberries in one subnotebook frame, so I could have real multicpu laptop, not just multicore!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: