View Single Post
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
I'm curious, wouldn't it be even more effective to put these debug marker in permanently into the release version and only activate them with a command line option (e.g. -debug)? All of us could try, then, whenever we come across a more "stubborn" audio book.
Yupp, makes sense.
I've added some stuff, including an option for more verbose debugging, and pushed 0.0-5 to openrepos:

Changes:
- bugfix: speed often resets to 100% as track switches
- new option (experimental): control with head set buttons (call/hangup = play/pause)
- new option: periodically save current progress
- new option: verbose logging
- new option: sort naturally when scanning files
- options are saved when leaving options page (previously only on clean app exit)

To see the log, open Talefish from Terminal, or to save it to a file, run
Code:
Talefish &>talefish.log

It would be great if someone owning a headset with real control buttons (I've only got one call/hangup button) could confirm it's actually working – same goes for bluetooth control, I've got a feeling that it could be basically the same.

Edit: Word has it that play/pause and next/previous track seem to work rudimentary via Bluetooth, yay! Have fun, car people!

Edit2: I've broken end-of-track handling, build removed from openrepos, please wait for next update. Got to sleep. Sorry!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2017-01-07 at 00:53. Reason: build removed!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post: