View Single Post
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by tso View Post
i guess it depends on what one define as pim. i find that the GPE tools (outside of its lacking integration with the rest of maemo. i would love for nokia to do something similar to google android there) covers my need nicely...

oh and usability is next to art for me. as long as it works, i dont care how it does so
I'm glad you're happy with it, but I am not, and I'm not alone in this regard.

As you said, GPE doesn't integrate well the rest of Maemo. For geeks this is perhaps no problem, but most normal users prefer to have familiarity. The way the user interfaces works is also not user-friendly. This has been discussed before, and I don't want to install GPE right now to provide more in depth arguments.

Also, given Nokia has bought Trolltech and is going to integrate Qt in Maemo I believe more Qt applications and/or development, porting on Qt applications (sometimes, instead of development on GTK2 applications) is something we, as community, are reasonable able to expect.

No offense, but it appears to me GPE is a dead end.