View Single Post
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Peterborough, UK
Now, that would make sense as to why I had another BackupMenu.item within /etc/bootmenu.d - actually though, it doesn't make much difference, because apt-getting the extras-devel version of backupmenu-n900 installs bootmenu-n900 anyway and there aren't any other files it generates.

It does back up everything though - the size of the tar depends on how much free space you've got in /home. As for it being stable, I'm not too sure, but the backup worked fine for me?

I do have a question about mtd-utils for Robbie; can we not simply download the maemo version that titan uploaded to the repository at http://maemo.org/packages/view/mtd-utils/ ? It does require liblzo2-2 which took some finding, but its deb can be downloaded from here and it seems to work fine (at least, I could create a rootfs image from the tarball, but of course I had to write to /home/user/rootfs and to /home/user/MyDocs/base.ubi.img which was then ubinize'd to /home/user/MyDocs/rootfs.img)

Last edited by Tigerite; 2010-10-20 at 08:27. Reason: Link to liblzo2-2 too long; messes up in a quote

The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerite For This Useful Post: