View Single Post
Recently I purchased a used n900. I followed the directions of the perfect setup wiki page where I flashed latest firmware (eMMC content 10.2010.13-2 and PR 1.3 version 20.2010.36-2 US version--how would I know??), installed cssustable, installed power kernel, installed rootsh, and other incidental app/lets, e.g. flashlight, opera mobile, flashlight, etc.

Of course I want a good experience on the device so I look towards the experts, you all. On downloads maemo 5 page they show apps in the order of how many downloads there has been along with their ratings. ModRana is a popular navigation app--something very important to me. When I tried installing it, it said unable and the problem came up with not having espeak. I tried sudo rootgain --> apt-get install espeak , which resulted in:

/home/user # apt-get install espeak
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
espeak: Depends: libespeak (= 1.46.22) but 1.46.27 is to be installed
Depends: espeak-data (= 1.46.22) but 1.46.27 is to be installed
E: Broken packages

It is not only with espeak that I am having troubles, for example, I can't get recaller because of gstreamer . . . What is going on? How can I fix this? I want to love the n900, but it can be very frustrating.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdaBwana For This Useful Post: