View Single Post
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Open the slider and press the plastic behind the screen on the side of the proximity sensor - it may be loose and this causes the proximity sensor to get weird. My phone is doing this - seems like a hw problem - maybe a screw is missing - so I'm opening the keyboard very carefully as spring open is dislocating that part of the back again.

This might be the issue with proximity in SFOS too.
Well that did nothing as I was on the phone today and the phone changed to speaker phone while I was talking with the phone on the side of my face.
I hardly use the keyboard so I am not slamming it closed.

The other night I was on a call and the only thing the phone did was to open the menu from the top of the display while I was on the phone and did not open a whole bunch of apps.

This is really getting annoying. Now the phone has another issue, just about every time I turn on the display or turn off the display with the power button the camera comes up ready to take a picture. And after the couple of times this has happened I have been making sure I am not pressing the shutter button by mistake.

I am beginning to wonder if this is Android 9 or the phone. Considering there have not been any updates to Android.

Last edited by ka9yhd; 2020-05-21 at 05:23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post: