View Single Post
Again, thanks for showing interest.

I'm using 4nec2 as designing tool to help in my research, but from practice, I would tell that at the end, nothing can replace some trial-and-error. Well, that how best antennas were made years before first computers, yes?

Also, AFAIK basing antenna on multiplied half-wavelenght can help a lot. Heck, even random wire - long enough, but to reasonable values - can prove sometimes very effective.

Furthermore, design of fractal antennas got some unique properties - it's parts can "act" as things of different length to wawelength ratio (multiply parts act as one when tuning to certain frequency, and as others when tuning to shorter one), so with correct tweaking, we can make antenna for 3G and 2G at the same time, with some wifi gain.

Well, many antennas inside modern phones are fractal ones Ho ever, here size - somehow - matter, and you can trust me on my word, that basically double-wire semi-dipol random wire antenna, connected to external port, is much more effective than little one inside phone. and who cares if - when packed - it use same size (volume) as phone itself

Anyway, having external port attached to N900, I can experiment safely with different antenna settings (as long as I don't put one into microwave oven )

That's, why I'm asking about best possible way to attach connector inside. Just simply make it "extent" from original antenna, or knowledgeable ones know better place on PCB itself, before actual build-in antenna?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: