Thread: [SailfishOS+Harmattan] Some news about Mitakuuluu development
View Single Post
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Last news

WhatsApp now sending personal Cease and Desist and Demand letters via lawyers to developers. I didn't received it myself, but some other developers, who have public projects using whatsapp, received it, answered with simple answers, now waiting to know what real actions whatsapp can do against developers. If youre lawyer or personally know any lawyer who can help, i can send you original email document privately.

So, the news are: application and library will be available without any license, application details information including author name,contact information, personal thanks to any contributors (you should understand that), and will be available for free usage for everyone. It will be also uploaded anonymously, and probably will be removed by whatsapp lawyers and reuploaded to somewhere else many times.

And remember: i'm not a developer of mitakuuluu application and libwa, i only know some peoples who contacted with some other peoples, who know some independent developer living in far russian village, feeding bears, playing on balalaika, drinking vodka and coding random stuff for cakes (pryanicks).

Last edited by coderus; 2015-03-28 at 12:12.

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: