View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
It is not user-ready yet, but it's a huge milestone: postmarketOS has been ported to the Proš by Danct12 (based on previous work by NotKit). This also means mainline kernel (thanks to Kholk) accessible to mere mortals (so far I only saw developers like Kholk and Danct12 themselves flash the WIP mainline kernel on their Proš).

I put together some instructions here with the help of Danct12: https://gist.github.com/Kabouik/4046...6d4e5d65000316

So far the touchscreen is broken, apparently due to a lack of denoising in the hardware, but (1) the issue does not occur with Android kernel so hopefully this can be solved in software, and (2) Kholk may have a set of patches for that, but I don't know where to get them at the moment and don't know if he deemed them relevant or too hacky for mainlining. Also the WLAN firmware is not installed in the current port, but it's confirmed to be working and Danct12 said he will update the port with it.

With this first port of a distribution that depends on mainline, there's also good hope that Leste folks could start tests on the Proš too (I warned Wizzup who said he will try when he gets his Proš, currently held hostage by someone else).

Last edited by Kabouik; 2022-03-15 at 09:30.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: