View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bradvesp View Post
Did you unpack the original file tree? If so, can you send me the file list as a text file?
Not really what I mounted is the vfat (fat32) partition, so the content from MyDocs, which is as good as nothing. So I guess the rest in MyDocs will be created during first boot.
So I unpacked from the firmware a bin file which should have 3 partitions. I need to figure out how to mount the second partition from that file.
I think the more interesting part for you is the ext3 home partition, which is the second one. So I need a right offset value to get the home path. But the file has no readable partition table, also it has only the contents of the MyDocs partition and not a dd of the whole one. The unpacked file has a size of about 246mb.
Or could it be that the home partition is empty in the flash file, need to think about it? But at the moment I have no access to fresh flashed one, maybe next days.

The rootfs file was tricky because it is ubi file system, but is well documented here in the forum, I could mount it too.
I would like to document it on the wiki, when I have all file lists.
But anyway it would be nice to look on a fresh flashed device to see which files get created during first boot.

For unpacking the firmware both the 0xFFFF and the maemo flasher are working. But it could be that maybe older firmware had seperated bins for each partition.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: