View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...

You seem to forget one very important difference between Pyra and Neo900. Sure, Pyra is a good micro-notebook in a bag, to be used in a bus or on airplane. But it is too large and *heavy* to be carried in hands for a prolonged amount of time, or I would think so.

Pyra is sensor-less. Sure, it got microphone and GPS, but it does not seem to have even an accelerometer (what for? you ask; for detection of free-fall, for one, and loud warning: I am falling from Eiffel Tower, help me! Sure, GPS might be able to detect a free-fall, but slower, and not as accurately), gyroscope, barometer, thermometer, and such.

Pyra does not even have a camera, right? So yes, for typing a book, or something else requiring a large screen and large keyboard, full attention of user, Pyra may be better. But for doing something on the go... Or for doing something in the evening before falling asleep... N(eo)9x0 is better. If my hands tire from holding N900 up, then holding Pyra up in the air would be nearly impossible.

I am not sure that Neo900 will be usable as mobile weather station-forecaster ;-) But the sensors are still something highly useful to have.

And I am not going to fight over transparency, talkativity and friendliness of developer teams. After all, there are people working with both devices at the same time, and the teams do not seem to be fighting against each other.

These devices are not competitors. They are completely different. Pandora-Pyra user would likely tell you that hardware keyboard of N(eo)900 lacks gaming controls, for example ;-)

And yes, I might get FreEmantle working on Pyra, some day :-) What will you say, then?

Best wishes :-)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: