View Single Post
With Mac's using that X thing, I have no idea how to use it, but... the good news : I was able to, over my home wifi, able to get files from my Home PC running Windows XP to actually stream to the device. The bad: it took me a couple of times to get it right, and I was only able to get mp3's and pls files to work, but I believe it is only due to me not having ANY files in the correct codec supported by the 770. To do this on windows, I had to do the following:
First, install IIS so I can enable web connections to the machine from other locations. And I had to add my other hard drives as virtual directories (or place files into the webroot). SOOO, I was able to basically point the Audio player on the 770 to http://localhost/FolderOrVirtualDirectory]/[resource.xxx] . I also had to enable port forwarding for HTTP to point to my PC IP address. All in all, this is definitely a possibility, it is just I only have xvid encoded avi's, or mpegs not in the right format to access them in the video player. I am gonna try a little more later on this. Another benifit of testing this out is I will be able to do this from anywhere now, as long as I know my external IP as well.

Last edited by fermunky; 2005-11-04 at 02:37.