View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Don't forget I'm not a millionaire. To get the physical device out is already very difficult and I put a lot of front investment.

I cannot afford developing another OS other than I can use quite easily. And I also need to consider how many I can sell to maintain future development.

You either get a device with some unique functions, or talk about a complete unique product on every aspect that never come out.

And I said a lot times no one has forced you to use Android - I'm more concerned how to make developers easy to port other OSes.

And I don't agree with your opinion for Moto Z and Droid 4. Moto Z + Mod is very thick and Droid 4 is stuck on Android 4.
Thanks for all your efforts! I can appreciate the fact that to maintain future development you need to consider numbers of sold devices. As I do not know the business end of this can you provide rough numbers on the costs based on the number of devices manufactured. Say you got 500 buyers, what would the charge be to the buyer. How does this scale? For example if you had 2000 buyers or 10000 buyers. Of course price depends on quality, features and such so perhaps give a range from low to highend.

The other thing is, and maybe I'm wrong, but judging by several of the posts here it looks like this project may be heading towards something like a Oneplus with a HWKB.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post: