View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
This is to announce the first release based on AOSP10 and using aarch64 for Sony Xperia Tama platform.

Release is based on 4.1.0.24 Sailfish and is using the latest AOSP10 as a base. I consider it alpha right now due to limited testing. Most of the testing was done on development device while fixing the port bugs. Now it is installed on my daily driver and I will be able to test it further.

This release has changed the base and switched to aarch64. As a result, you have to reflash it. In documentation, I wrote down the instructions for those who switch from AOSP9 based port.

The port was started in the end of February, including the development of TBuilder to automate the builds. There are still some rough corners, see issues labeled with hybris-10 tag in the issue tracker. While it is not using OBS, future OTA are supported (see documentation for details).

Compared to AOSP9, I couldn't make hardware acceleration work on Flatpak apps. So, right now, Flatpak support is not there. Not sure whether I can make it work.

I would like to invite others to test the release. For XZ3 device owners - please check whether your phone calls work as expected. I have reverted some changes introduced in AOSP10 to cancel echo during the phone calls (issue 125) and it worked fine on XZ2 and XZ2c. So, please pay attention and test it by calling others, check whether microphone levels are OK and whether there is any echo in the call. Please report back your findings.

I plan to maintain only one base. If AOSP10 will work fine, it will be used as a base for the port.

Release available at: https://github.com/sailfishos-sony-t...-aosp10-alpha1

See release notes and read the documentation before flashing.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: