View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
As promised, I have decided to write a full review of a replacement white housing I recently purchased on eBay (link) so that people know what to expect. I decided to go white just to be different and, IMHO, it looks better. However, I've had a few issues worth mentioning.

But first things first. Here is the complete, assembled unit:

Name:  DSC07740.jpg
Views: 2042
Size:  29.7 KB
Name:  DSC07741.jpg
Views: 1964
Size:  40.3 KB
Name:  DSC07743.jpg
Views: 1892
Size:  49.5 KB
Name:  DSC07742.jpg
Views: 1901
Size:  56.1 KB
Name:  DSC07745.jpg
Views: 1907
Size:  35.1 KB

As you can see, it does not look too bad, perhaps with the exception of the last picture, taken in the dark to show how the keyboard light permeates through the faceplate around the keyboard. Not perfect but nothing I couldn't live with.

Unfortunately, I found very early on that a few things were not quite right. I mentioned in my first summary that the battery cover is not quite flush with the rest, although I compared it with the original and found that that is exactly the same, so complaints there. However, the whole case creaks a bit on squeeze, which the original does not, and the power button, albeit working, don't travel as far and click like the original.

But those are just minor aesthetic issues. Worse was to come, and I will describe it here one by one in the follow-up post, since I have apparently already reached the maximum upload limit of 5 attachments

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-11-24 at 03:12. Reason: Change title

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: