View Single Post
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
So by now you'll understand that I was talking about Jolla Sailfish 2.O that under pressure of some potential, temporary license taker has transformed towards a iOS type unintuitive interface.
Just couple of thoughts / short comments... personally I had to adjust more on Sailfish 1.0 than on 2.0. I liked the live tiles with swipe more than push button-version though.

Take an up to date iOS iPhone 6s device anno 2018 try to take a picture.
Ok you framed the precious moment, held your breath, stabilised, pushed the shutter.
Then some menu pops up.
I don't know how you use your iPhone, but I never had that kind of experience with 6s.

Wrong, the only weapon Jolla has is to show the inconsistencies and backwardness of iOS by offering polished, consistent interface that everyone falls in love with.
Initially, perhaps. Not any more as main driver is actually delivering something that is not made and controlled in US. Alternative UI, idea about OS respecting your privacy and being generally friendly didn't pay the bills, so they had to shift the focus to something else - like tailored for Governments stuff.

Should they have taken one community member into the meeting that would have not happened. Stand your ground for long term succes.
Or die to oblivion because nobody can buy devices running your community-OS. If you have deep pockets, you can try to pull it off. If you don't, you'll have to adjust.

"Wait, there is an app for that" should not be transformed in "wait, there is a patch for that"

Both of these should be optional but unnecessary for 95% of the users.
Problem here is that most 3rd parties want to control their service ecosystem and user experience, hence they write their own apps instead of relying on integrating them into existing messaging UI/framework. Maemo-style integration was pelasant in many ways, however, in that way you are always limited what the original messaging offers. It's hard to see how it benefits those 3rd parties and their products/services (after all, they want to get more money out of them in one way or another), so you cannot force it though the OS - try it and you are on your own with community members so butthurt about privacy demanding native Facebook/Whatsapp/snapchat/whateversocialmediaspyingplatform client/integration to your OS you are unable to deliver...

Jolla once had ambitions with 3rd party Hardware 2nd half makers.
Much of that ended with chapter 11-type thing....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post: