View Single Post
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I've never gotten used to using the pulley. Seems like too much effort to so something simple.
Swipe down and release (if you know which option you can technically do it without looking at the screen) as opposed to tapping the precise spot of a small button with three stripes, then tapping the precise spot of the button you want?

If there are any unnecessary uses of pulldown menus where a simple button would clearly suffice (the 'Data usage' page in the Settings used to have its 'Clear' options in a pulldown menu, for example), you can always report them for improvement.

I still think the pulldown menu is one of the most clever ways of interaction I've seen. It only works as long as there are four options at most (five, such as in the Email application, are stretching it), but in that sense it also requires developers to put more thought into what is really necessary and what isn't. Buttons that fold out lists of options are all too often used because no one can decide if the option should get its own button or be moved to a separate page. Of course, the pulldown menus still suffer from the huge problem that you can't open them unless you're at the very top of the page. Some solutions to this have been suggested, and I don't know why Jolla hasn't bothered implementing one yet.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post: