View Single Post
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by billranton View Post
. You'd get Javispedro's work on the JSKit for running code on the phone. Seems silly to start anew.
I'd start a new program too. The Time is too different, as usual, and I know the complications of having a single program supporting many smartwatches.

Also, Allerta have mentioned they plan to publish the same software they use on the Time to the original Pebble, so that means that eventually even the older Pebbles would stop working with the original program.

(Note that, if they're still the same Allerta, they will never actually update the older Pebbles, just constantly promise the update is a few months away until everyone forgets about it).

Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
as the solution chosen in Smokus app doesn't allow to update notifications, nor removing them when the notification gets removed on the phone
It would be more worrysome to me if you don't use libwatchfish for that at least. It's about time we start sharing the common parts of the different Sailfish smartwatch support programs, and why not start with notification support, since there's a shitton ways to get it wrong? (see the older issues such as pebbled "eating" jolla notifications).

I'm happy if you even fork it and make radical changes (the API is not fixed in stone); I will eventually pull them even if they don't apply directly to my branch.

For example, if this gets enough traction, I will push some changes to lipstick to support notification sinks as in the older Meego days, but first I need to know exactly which APIs are required by the different smartwatches... so please use it and make any changes you require!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post: