View Single Post
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Puri.sm is a privacy focused company and People here talks about Facebook and whatsup integration seriously that is /facepalm

If you buy librem-5 for Facebook or similar crap you should probably rethink....
If you are overcautious with privacy matters and choose Purism only to maximize yout privacy, then yes. I'm not that worried about privacy, and yes I use Facebook. (No whatsapp but mostly because it is not available for Sailfish/Maemo). The reason I would choose Purism might be having a Linux phone. To support open source. To have a phone which is capable to do everything I need. In my list, privacy is not in top 5.

Like I said about being different, I also think that the privacy thing also isn't big enough for a marketing argument. It is better than just being different, but not much.

Also, the having a smartphone mostly means being connected to online services. Many of them require account registration. So just having a smartphone isn't the thing you should do when overconcerned about privacy. Just stick to that old Nokia 3110, and keep it shut down and to be sure, wrap a piece of tin foil around it!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post: