View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA

Since we're on the subject . . . speaking of kids and pasta, here's the kids' creation from today's Cooking with Grandma on Zoom. Yes, I did have to help them drop the spaghetti in the pot and drain the boiling pot afterwards, because I'm not totally sure they're gonna be ready for adulthood. But they mostly handled the dying process themselves. And obnoxiously artificial it is! A rainbow of probably -- but not absolutely certainly -- safe food additives!

Ultimately, the bowl was a melange of melted butter, a few herbs, Parmesan cheese, and a round of microwave reheating for dinner.

And BTW, re: toilet paper . . .

I saw a reporter -- Washington Post, I think -- interviewed about TP shortages in the US. It turns out problems here aren't consumer panic either, but actual circumstances. The institutional market -- businesses, schools, government, etc. -- has a completely separate supply chain from the residential market. Totally separate factories, distributors, etc. Even the packaging is so different that you can't just slipstream product from one chain into another. My wife was shopping at Costco warehouse store (using healthcare worker privilege for fast(er) entry) and found the giant institutional rolls available, but of course not really useful for the home except for respooling on residential sized cores.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: