View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
I know Linux on Nxx is free - but does it have to be a totally amateurish and frustrating experience? Take one simple example - I attempted to install GPE Calendar on my N800 (flashed to OS2008) - despite downloading from an 'official' site it won't install because some obscure package called libsoup is missing! Where the hell do I get libsoup - will it run under chinook, why wasn't it there in the first place? Then add another silly problem - things like Canola wouldn't even download because the base respositories were miss-spelled. This doesn't give the platform a professional image - I don't expect crap on OS X or even XP - why do we put up with it here?
All this^ dude is saying is what we all said would happen because of the recent repository fiasco... New users would get frustrated and ill will and bad press will result because of this negative first impression.

Someone @ Nokia needs to take ownership of this platform and OS...

Why you may ask?

Because it has their freakin' name on it!

It doesn't matter if they sell 2 or 2,000,000... for the company to continue to grow (read survive), all customers will need to purchase more than one of their products in a life time.

... and it doesn't sound like dude will be buying another Nokia product anytime soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post: