View Single Post
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mobile
Actually, playing with the 'design by community' tool exposes that someone is playing clever to appear to have endorsement for their own design parameters.
For example. I enter my actual preferred design and am greated by 'keep tweaking' - I cannot press submit.
Change 'automatic lens cover' and i can submit the design. Now i actually dont like the idea of an automatic lens cover as i feel manually opening the lens cover to activate the camera is better.
But the design i like cannot be submitted, so in order to submit a design i must select a parameter which is not my actual choice!

So at the end of the process there is a lot of data indicating 'people preffered x vs y' giving the appearance than people all indicate they desire certain features.....however designs must be compromised in order to be able to press submit.

For an example, more designs can be submitted with an automatic lens cover than with a manual design. My own submission must either state i prefer an automatic lens cover or i cannot enter any vote at all---- even though i actually oppose an automatic lens cover!!
I wonder if the votes for a capacitive touch screen had the same 'vote rigging'???

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ogre For This Useful Post: