View Single Post
Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by Wolfram Ravenwolf
Movies and such I'd also store in the home directory which is on that partition. For file transfer, I installed SSH on the Nokia 770, so I can upload/download files with scp/sftp (Secure FTP - should work with Windows FTP clients, too).
Well, I got the 1 GB card for three reasons:
  • to be able to install apps without worrying about whether I needed to uninstall others I had looked at but wasn't actively using
  • to carry around some songs to listen to when WiFi is inaccessible -- the few I was putting on filled up the 64mb card before I knew it
  • to watch a movie when traveling -- maybe me, maybe to occupy my kids
The movie use is farthest from happening. So I guess I'll worry about getting such big files onto the mmc card when I need it, and if I have to figure out SSH and scp/sftp then, well, maybe I'll understand enough by then that it won't be an obstacle.

I do have a Compact Flash card reader and have used the approach Dr. K mentions with photos in my camera -- but it doesn't read mmc Maybe I'll be getting a new reader . . . My only question about that is, Will the PC see both partitions?

Thanks, both, for your help.

BTW, I'm posting this from Firefox running on the Mepis LiveCD. Just about to tackle the repartitioning and reformatting of the new 1GB mmc card. And, yes, I do always get into the water one toe at a time. How did you know?