View Single Post
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Hi all,

first off, prior to making contact here about my woes with Patchmanager, I recently reset my Jolla1 and updated to 3.0.0.8, so Patchmanager is a clean/new install and the OS is not edited here, there and everywhere.

I'll try and keep this as concise as possible. I cannot uninstall my patches from Patchmanager UI. When I select uninstall from the drop down menu, the remorse timer starts and finishes but the entry stays, it is not removed. However, I can uninstall using 'pkcon remove'.

After a conversation with Ancelad with regard to my SPEC files, i have rewritten each file using the same format/layout as he uses. There is a noticeable performance when applying/unapplying patches since rewriting the SPEC files, so thanks for that Ancelad and your tenacity in bugging me to sort my $hit out.

I have also noticed that sometimes when installing a patch from an RPM package, my patch does not show in Patchmanager UI, but if I select 'Unapply patches' from the pulley menu, my patch then appears in the UI.....?, odd huh?

Why can I not successfully remove ANY patch from Patchmanagers UI?

What info do I need to give to try and correct this ongoing (for me) problem?

Regards,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: