View Single Post
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
I've got my file copied across and can see it in WinSCP sitting in the /opt/ folder on my n900, along with bounce and some other stuff. When I exit sudo gainroot to "run as user" (thats right?) and type in the command by the $ prompt "python helloworld.py" it cant find the file ("No such file or directory"). Do I have to navigate first to the /opt/ folder and run it from there?

BTW my next question would be, how do I navigate in xterm .. but you knew that already
Yes.. using either of these two options:

Code:
cd /opt/
python helloworld.py
OR

Code:
python /opt/helloworld.py
For Future reference.. I would recommend while testing.. to just copy it to your home directory, or under your home directory make a "projects" folder to dump it in. No reason to clutter your /opt/ until your ready to actually package it for deployment.

ETA: I see the OP and I have a disagreement there as that's where he tells you to put it. *shrug* I just don't see a reasoning for it.. better to fill the 30GB area with junk and leave the /opt/ 2GB for ready-to-go apps IMHO.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-07 at 20:50.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post: