View Single Post
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Interesting. I suspected earlier that Jolla would fall out of the hands of Finnish investors, looks like that is now the case.

No disrespect to the Russian folks here (who I think are fantastic contributors) but I cannot support Sailfish now it is controlled by a Russian oligarch like Grigory Berezkin. We all know that if dear old Uncle Putin wishes to place a back door, kill-switch, snooping device, or whatever in Sailfish code, then the likes of Berezkin are obliged to do as he demands. You can see the politicizing of Sailfish already in the language that is being used. The Russian government aren't interested in Sailfish because it's a better technology than Android or iOS. They are not interested in it because they want an open platform. They are interested only because they have come into this with a political agenda first (they don't want 95% of Russians using Apple/Google). I think getting into Sailfish with this mind-set is the wrong way to go, and I think the result will not be satisfactory.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post: