View Single Post
Posts: 69 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ kerala
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Neither of those statements are true. Telegram's server software is proprietary, so it doesn't matter that the clients are free software. Conversations on Telegram are all sent unencrypted by default and are stored on Telegram's proprietary servers, whereas conversations on WhatsApp are encrypted with the Signal protocol, always and everywhere.

WhatsApp may be the worst thing to happen to communication since Facebook, but at least they don't pretend to be anything else. Telegram are a bunch of phonies.

Don't use Telegram.

(You could use Signal instead. It works on Android, iOS, your desktop and even on Sailfish!)
Telegram provides an open api and encourages any one to develop a client for it. Source being open is not a criteria for me as long the messaging app work since i dont plan to use it for my secret missions anyway .As long as , it does not force me to use an os i dont like(i e open web api. If you are not interested in an os , let me build my own client using your api.) .

It also has a very good web interface which does not force you to keep your phone connected. I dont know if signal has a web interface. Telegrams web interface means even if a client is not there , you can just take the url in the browser and it will work. This alone makes it a winner over whatsapp and signal.

Last edited by padmaraj.ravi; 2016-08-20 at 11:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to padmaraj.ravi For This Useful Post: